Perşembe, Mayıs 18, 2006

I May Be Dreaming, But Wouldn't It Be Great If...

…I were a genius who could get straight As in school without having to do any homework.

…My parents let me eat dessert first and then anything else wanted.

…My little sister moved to an island off the coast of Madagascar and I never heard from her again, except on my birthdays, when she'd send me a card with money in it.

…Instead of making me go to Sunday school, my parents would take me and my girlfriend to the amusement park, where I could practice the Golden Rule on the roller coaster by holding her hand whenever she got scared.
etc.

I could go on, but I've been up all night. It's almost time to go to work. I had trouble sleeping, and after reading a dull book, I got out of bed and decided to do something productive-like writing a poetry lesson. If you can't dream, the next best thing is to write dream poems. Funny, I suddenly feel sleepy.

Maybe I'll just close my eyes and.....

--Bruce Lansky

1 yorum:

Adsız dedi ki...

Great text... dreaming is what is keeping people up to face allday life. Let's all keep our dreams and live for them.
Special greetings to Seyda ;)